Contraindications, Cautions and Modifications
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are safe and effective with few contraindications. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- The treatment is modified during active menstruation. As much as you are able, please make a booking at a time when you will NOT be on your period. If you are unsure of where you are in your cycle, please email email@example.com for guidance.
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy.
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present.
- Immediately after abdominal surgery. Seek the advice of your physician as to when is safe to perform Abdominal Therapy.
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy.
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)